Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » South Central VA Health Care Network » Features
South Central VA Health Care Network
- End Heart Disease and Stroke in Women
- Cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of women. It claims more women’s lives than all forms of cancer combined. It’s not just a problem for "older" women. Heart disease and stroke can affect a woman at any age.
- Get Ready, Get Set, Walk & Roll
- Employees at the South Central VA Health Care Network (VISN 16), in Ridgeland, Mississippi, hit the pavement to celebrate the eighth annual VA2K Walk & Roll, May 16 2018. The VA2K includes a short two kilometer walk.
- VISN 16 recognizes state VA leader among Veterans
- The Executive Director of the Mississippi Veterans Affairs Board was recognized by the Director of the South Central VA Health Care Network (VISN 16), during a ceremony honoring Veterans Day, November 9, 2017.
- Lake Charles holds dedication ceremony
- Veterans in southwest Louisiana can now travel a shorter distance for health care. The Lake Charles Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) officially opened with a dedication and ribbon cutting, Oct. 20, 2017.
- Mississippi Council of Veterans’ Organizations
- Dr. Skye McDougall, Network Director VISN 16, met with members of the Mississippi Council of Veterans’ Organizations, Oct. 10, 2017. The discussion focused on VA priorities, VISN 16 initiatives, and the Choice program.
- Lake Charles Clinic
- The Network Director for VISN 16 recently visited Lake Charles and Lafayette, Louisiana—part of the Alexandria VA Health Care System. Construction to the Lake Charles clinic near completion.
- Eight Biloxi pickleballers won 10 gold, 3 silver, and 2 bronze medals in the National Veterans Golden Age Games held in Biloxi, MS, May 7-11. Medals were awarded in track & field, boccia, badminton, and table tennis.
- VISN 16 Supports Veterans at Trail of Honor
- The Trail of Honor, a tribute to American Veterans, is held each year in Jackson, Mississippi. The City of Jackson hosts the event, to honor Veterans the weekend prior to Memorial Day.
- VISN 16 supports Dixie Challenge 2017 in Miss.
- Dixie Challenge III was held in Canton, for the third straight year, recently. Dixie Challenge is a program designed for Veterans, and provides skills in basic horsemanship, roping, and cow working.
- We Have a New Look
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.